Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Race for the Cure in Las Vegas

On Saturday morning I was able to join Michelle and her brother, Greg, for the Race for the Cure walk (5k). I was really glad to do the walk especially with Michelle and Greg since their mom passed away from Breast Cancer a few years ago. I had heard that she was an amazing woman and am glad that I could walk in her memory. Luckily my mom fought and won that battle so the Race for the Cure continues to inspire me to participate each year.
The walk was held at 8:30am and took us through the downtown area of Las Vegas... would have been cooler down the strip, I know! After the walk, we were treated with lots of goodies.
I am looking forward to running the 5k in October when the Race for the Cure is in Phoenix.

Michelle and I getting ready to walk.I wore a "Celebration" tag for my mom.A bunch of survivors got together at the foot steps of the Las Vegas courthouse...It was so inspiring!Just a shot of the Stratosphere on the strip.... proof that it was in Vegas... ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment