Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pat's Run 2009

On Saturday morning, Randy and I participated in the 5th Annual Pat's Run in Tempe. Although this is only our third time running in this race, it was great to see so many participants. The event continues to grow year after year. This year an estimated 21,000 people ran or walked in the event. This event is really important to Randy and I, as we were in college when Pat Tillman played for ASU. He went on to play for the Arizona Cardinals and then chose to serve in the military for his country. Sadly, he was killed while in Iraq. This race is to honor the man that he stood for. The run is 4.2 miles (his number at ASU was 42) and the kid's run was .42 miles. I hope that next year we can take Marcus to run in the kid's race.

Before the race pic.
We went with fellow ASU alums Rhett and Emma Bordner and Laura Bunde with her baby Ben.After race pic.Randy and I with Kelly
Randy and I with Rhett and Emma.
After the race we headed over to Rula Bula on Mill Ave. to have an after-race Guinness. Our gang at the after-race celebration party.
Rula Bula sold commemorative glasses with the number 42 etched into them. They sold out of these within an hour, luckily we got a few!
My two "artsy" photos Laura, Emma and IAs always, the boys had to do an Irish Car-Bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment