Monday, June 15, 2009

Girl's Weekend, Pentwater 6/12

It had been two summers since my last girl's weekend trip. This summer we decided to go to Pentwater, Michigan. My best friend, Angela, from Michigan, gathered up a few of her high school friends and we spent a weekend at her father-in-law's condo. It was right on the inlet to Lake Michigan. All six of us gals had a wonderful time catching up, relaxing and laying on the beach.
We all arrived late on Thursday night and were up until about 3am chatting. Angela and I slept on Frank's boat, which was wonderful. The boat rocked a little and felt great on my achy back. We woke up around 7:45am and Angela and I took a 4 mile jog around the town. It was such a great run and I had fun looking at all the cute houses. After the run, we headed to the beach and relaxed while the sun shined on us. Although it might have only been 70 degrees, we were warm in the sun. (The water was 58 and there was NO WAY I was going in!) We all headed back to the condo and got ready for dinner. We had dinner at Brown Bear's, which is a great burger joint. We had a long wait for a table because the Red Wings final game was on and no one was leaving their table. After dinner, we went back to the condo and had a few drinks and talked. Pretty low key!


The view from the patio of the condo and also the boat I slept on.
Angela and I at the beachBefore the going out to dinner
I'd like to call this "sunglasses picture." Me, Angela, Jenny and Toni
Jenny, Lisa and myself waiting for a table at Brown Bear. This was the burger that Brown Bear is famous for. If you can put it on a hamburger, then it's on here!!
The girls on the balcony of the Brown Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment