Friday, October 2, 2009

ASU vs. Georgia 9/26

Randy and I were lucky enough to travel to Athens, Georgia to watch the Sun Devils take on the Georgia Bulldogs. It was a weekend of Sun Devil fun!
When we arrived to our hotel in Atlanta it was filled with gold!! We went up to our room and I looked out the window and noticed an outdoor bar that was filled with gold shirts!! I told Randy we had to get down there!! Once we got there we realized that it was location of the Alumni Happy Hour for ASU and that they had drank most every type of beer in the place. CRAZY!!!
We hung out with some other ASU alumnus that night and then went back to get rested for the big game on Saturday.
On Saturday at 1pm, we boarded one of 10 buses headed out to Athens for the game. When we arrived in Athens, we went to a bar that was filled with (once again) gold shirts. I got to see some familiar faces from my college days, which was cool. It was neat that a lot of ASU Alumni made the trek out to Athens for the game.
Right before game time, it started to down pour! And I mean DOWN POUR!!! We slushed through the rain puddles and streams that occupied University of Georgia's campus.
When we got to the stadium, it was WET! We sat in the rain and watched the game. My camera died sometime between the ASU Tailgate and the run to the stadium.... and YES, Randy's right, I should have bought the $5 poncho!
Anyway... it was a great game, despite the 20-17 loss. We licked our wounds back to Atlanta and were ready for more southern fun!

Waiting for the bus to Athens in the lobby of the hotel.
On the bus ready to Athens.University of Georgia (notice it's not raining, yet...)
Randy, me and Jeff Adams (friend from ASU)Randy and I at the Sun Devil infested bar!At the tailgate party I got hang with Erin Murphy, sorority sister from ASU.
Cool photo with Sparky.
Randy got the $5 condom, I mean, poncho!Erin and I in the pouring rain!
Between the hedges. Our view of the stadium.
Soaked but havin' a BLAST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment