I got Bailey when I was 21 years old. I picked him out of a children's size swimming pool full of dachshund puppies. He was a jumper, he would get out of any cage or gated off area we put him in. He had seen his share of roommates and apartments over the years.
He was a lover, he would spend all day in bed with you if you were sick. He loved standing under Kalli's chair because she would always drop him the stuff she didn't want to eat. He never bit Kalli, even when she pulled his tail. I am sure that she won't really remember him, but Bay was one of her first words.
Marcus loved walking him on his leash. He used to crawl under Marcus' bed at night when we were putting Marcus to sleep. I could hear noises coming from Marcus' room from his monitor, but it wasn't Marcus, it was Bailey wanting to get out. He loved hiding in Marcus' room.
When I used to go out at night I'd kiss his white spot on his chest with my lipstick on. I taught him to speak for treats, he would get his own leash if he knew he was going to "Grandma's" house. Randy used to say that Bailey loved nachos. Randy would make Bailey dog-food omelets on occasion. He loved giving him scratches. Bailey just loved Randy. I think he might have loved Randy more than he loved me. It's ok though, they were making up for lost time.
We called him Schmoops, Bailes, Bailford, Bit, Bitty, Bitterman, Little Man, Robes Pierre (Randy's personal favorite).
He loved his squeaky bear. Randy and I will always think of Bailey when we hear "Mr. Brightside." Coming outta my cage....
I know that he is with Hansie, Flitter Bug, Will, KJ, and Chisum. Bailey we miss you so much. I know that you are no longer hurting. You were a good dog, scratch that... you were a GREAT dog. We miss you Old Friend.
Here are a few of our favorite pictures of Bailey.




No comments:
Post a Comment